Our recipes have had a mini makeover, and we are pretty proud of the results! Our commitment is to deliver premium quality recipes at affordable pricing, and this won’t change! All recipes have been developed alongside our experienced pet nutritionist team to ensure our furry friends are getting nothing but the best. If your fur baby has a sensitive stomach we would recommend slowly transitioning them to our new recipes over 10 days just to be safe!
Premium pet food starts with premium ingredients – so we thought, why not increase some of those favourites? All recipes have increased meat quantities and we’ve increased the extra flavoursome chicken liver!
We have removed lentils & peas after closely following the FDA investigation into DCM and consulting with our veterinarian and nutrition team. Instead, we have opted for carbohydrates like rice. Being gluten free, rice is far more digestible for our furry friends, as well as providing sources of protein and fiber.
What’s stayed the same?
Our recipes still contain Cage-Free Chicken, Wild-Caught Salmon and Grass-Fed beef, as well as the superfoods and probiotics you know and love.
We continue to be free from corn, wheat & soy, all of which are ingredients that can be potential allergens for some pets.
We’ve dialled up our natural flavours such as chicken liver, which has a stronger smell. This makes it much more appealing to our furry friends, but not so much to the human nose! Chicken liver is more appetising, has great health benefits and is an extremely nutritious protein for cats and dogs alike.
New kibble colour?
You may notice that our new recipes have a slightly darker colour than the older ones. This is nothing to worry about. To put it simply, increased ingredients, means our natural colours have increased too!
We are a New Zealand based team of pet lovers with a simple goal of making premium pet food, at supermarket prices. As some of you may know, we have had previous issues with supply due to COVID-19 and have taken some steps to fix this for our customers. We spent nine months travelling the world and visiting the most trusted and expert manufacturers. As a result we produce all our recipes in world-class Thailand facilities and we are proud to hold the following highly regarded certifications.
- Quality Assured Firm ISO 9001 Certification: an international standard for a quality management system. The standard is used by organizations to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements and to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Environmental Management System ISO 14001: to reduce any negative effects on the environment around our facility.
- ISO 17025: holds us to a standard of lab operations
- The Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA): is a not-for-profit, membership organisation that works with suppliers to deliver improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains.
- BRC Food Standard Issue 8: a leading global third-party certification standard. The BRC (British Retail Consortium) Global Standard for Food Safety was created to ensure supplier compliance and to guarantee the quality and safety of the food products retailers sell.
- GMP: Good Manufacturing Practice is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. It is designed to minimize the risks involved in any production.
- HACCP: a leading management system in which food safety is addressed through the analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, to manufacturing, distribution and consumption of the finished product.
We love our new packaging and hope you do too! In Canada we have changed the packaging to better reflect the ingredients, and for Australia and New Zealand, you spoke & we listened! We have altered the packaging to make the cat and dog differentiation easier based on customer feedback.